Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pouring Rain and Lonely

So, I think today was my first lonely day in Hana...not in a bad way, but in a way that makes you feel tired. I got some really awesome news that my sister is coming out for my birthday on the 16th, and it was a great morning of being excited about that and baking a couple batches of bread...maybe it was missing my sister that made me feel lonely, I'm not sure, but today was just one of those days that made me really wish for someone who already knows me and I have history with...

Anyway, it was just a long, rainy, overcast day, and everyone is going through their own shit and we all just have to deal...one of my friends is going through a brutal breakup, one is having a huge feud with their former boss about backpay, one person i know even just went back to the Mainland because they broke both of their wrists when they fell down a shallow ravine. Yikes! So i'm pretty sure one lonely day in my book is not bad...and what better way to deal with it than go to the beach and enjoy the amazing beauty that is Maui? So that's what i did this afternoon...not a cure-all, but better than buying a bottle of tequila instead--ha!

Oh, and for any of you who actually use the postal service (i know, weird, right?), I have a PO Box now if you want to send anything...
Andria Miller
PO Box 721
Hana, HI 96713

woo hoo, I'm official!

No comments: