Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hamoa Beach

So, after going to the kitchen at 8am this morning, I started baking around 8:30 and am still working out a few kinks in my process...but, I'm getting better...I got done about 12:30, dropped off some stuff in town for a local vendor, put some gas in the truck, and then went and did the most important thing on my list today--mail out some banana bread to friends and family...which is freakin' expensive! But it was okay when I thought how happy they would be when they got it.

Did you know that Hana is one of only like three places in the whole country who does not have overnight delivery? There is no way that your package will get there the next day, not with FedEx, not with anyone. It's that remote. You just have to wait.

Then I went to the beach at Hamoa. Apparently, Hamoa is one of the top 10 beaches in the whole country and it is one of my favorite spots in Hana. The only thing that sucks (can i really say that? is that i am on the eastern side of the island and if i don't make it out to the beach before around 3'oclock, there is not much laying out to be had...needless to say, with baking and working and getting used to my role here on the farm, my beach time has been limited, and my sun time even more so...I am craving one morning at Red Sand Beach (you know, lose the tan lines...) from about 10:30 to 3:30...not sure when that's gonna happen, but until then I will enjoy any spare moment spent laying on the black sand at Hamoa, getting sand all over me and watching the crazy sand crabs all over the place, hopping around and dancing sideways and trying to fight each other. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon...

Thanks for all the comments you leave, and you can also sign in anonymously (without a blogger account) to leave comments, just so you know you don't have to sign up to say hello...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey lover-
looks like ur having a blast over there! i am soo jeolous. im just working over here pretty boring and hot with no beach 2 run to. sad face... anyways i havent talked 2 u in a while. u should call me. i love you and miss you.
love ya danni